laughing so hard because this is so accurate
Marvel Comics is making Thor a woman. From Time Magazine:
TIME: How do you think this will impact fans who have been with the male version of Thor for such a long time?
Jason Aaron, writer of the Thor series: If you’re a long-time Thor fan you know there’s kind of a tradition from time to time of somebody else picking up that hammer. Beta Ray Bill was a horse-faced alien guy who picked up the hammer. At one point Thor was a frog. So I think if we can accept Thor as a frog and a horse-faced alien, we should be able to accept a woman being able to pick up that hammer and wield it for a while, which surprisingly we’ve never really seen before.
• I will be using book depository so this giveaway is international!
• You MUST be following me!
• Absolutely NO giveaway blogs! I will be checking!
• Like/Reblog to enter!
• You can reblog as much as you want just please don’t spam your followers :)
• You have a choice of ONE of the six books pictured above. However, if you want a different book in that series (e.g. Unravel Me instead of Shatter Me) that’s totally okay!• You have to be comfortable with giving me your shipping address!
• This ends on JULY 31st, 2014. I will contact the winner that day and if they don’t respond within 48 hours I will pick a new winner.
Good luck and if you have any questions don’t be scared to send me a message! :)
First off, thanks to all my wonderful followers (new and old). It’s crazy to think that I have this many people following me! Sometimes I just want to ask you guys why, haha.
Anyway, to show how much I love and appreciate all of you I’ve decided to host a giveaway with all of my most recent favorite books!
- You have to be following me (yes I will be checking)
- This giveaway is open internationally because I’ll be using the book depository
- To enter you can reblog/like this as many times as you want (but please don’t spam your followers)
- NO GIVEAWAY BLOGS(I will be checking)
- I will choose one winner who will be able to pick out one book from the books pictured above! Btw, they’re all going to be paper back versions because I am poor and that’s all I can afford
- This giveaway will end on July 22, 2014 (so a month from now)
- Once I pick a winner I will contact them through their ask box so make sure to have them open!
- The winner will then have 24 hours to respond back. If you don’t I will pick someone else.
- You must be comfortable to give me your address. Don’t worry, I’m far too lazy to stalk anybody
- If you have any questions feel free to message me
Thanks so much everyone! And good luck! :)
HEY IT’S A GIVEAWAY!
So in celebration of my new job (YAY!) I’ve decided to host a giveaway! Because I love sharing my love of reading and everyone deserves a good book or two! The winner will get to choose one book from each column. They are as follows:
First Column is “The First Book in A Series”:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by JK Rowling
- Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- The Bag Beginning by Lemony Snicket
Second Column is “Book to Film 2014”:
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Third Column is “My Favorites”:
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling
- Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald
Each book may have a different cover when it is delivered to you. Doing this through the book depository, so I can definitely ship internationally!
1) You must be following me! (thegreatbookaddict) I will check.
2) Likes and reblogs totally count! Each reblog counts as an entry.
3) No giveaway blogs, please. That’s just plain rude!
4) Giveaway ends at midnight of July 21, 2014 EST.
Depending on how well this goes. I very well may add a second or third winner. May the odds be ever in your favor!
This hasn’t gotten enough recognition
god forbid we actually see something good on the news for once
fucking prodigy man
Yes young black king! You better go head!
His name is Stephen R. Stafford and he would have been set to graduate from med school even earlier if there wasn’t a rule that said he had to be 16 to graduate from high school.
He’s also a talented classical pianist - he’s been playing piano since he was two years old.
Someonne told me the other day our generation was lazy. HA!
Hey anon, look at this. :)
my teacher sent a student home today because the student had had an anxiety attack earlier in the morning and she said “if you have a broken bone, you don’t just keep walking on it and damaging it more, you treat it. Your mental health is the same. Health then school.”
I wish real people actually thought like this
July | day 16 | Favourite fandom
duh, the Quigley fandom
all pictures taken by the lovely the-book-ferret
This is perfect. Yes. The Quigley fandom. Yes.